I see many people that think of Microsoft Excel as that boring tool that you can make tables and graphs in. And many PR Pros don’t really think it will help them Excel (sorry last corny pun). However, you would be shocked at the full capabilities of this standard software. That’s why I decided to do a small series to give you a few of my own tips and tricks.
Tip #1: Update Graphs Automaticly By Entering New Data
My Dad created a spreadsheet to track how his stocks are doing. He asked if I could fix it so that when new data was entered it would automaticly display on a graph. The same could be used to track website visits, social media views, investor relations and more.
Here Is How:
- Enter the data
2. Highlight that data > Go to Inset on the menu bar
3. Once clicked a diolog box will apear > If you table has headers make sure the box is selected
4. Click OK and your table will look like this
5. Now Select the table > Go to insert in the menu > Then the type of graph you want
6. Your graph will look somewhat like this
Its that simple! Now if you enter the new data it will atomaticly update the graph. Like this:
Here you go! I hope you enjoyed my first Microsoft Excel Tip. Now I hope you use it to Excel in PR 😉